Photopneumatic: Vacuum and Broadband Light
Indications and Usage:
Indications for use include mild to moderate acne, including pustular acne, comedonal acne and mild to moderate inflammatory acne (acne vulgaris) in all skin types (Fitzpatrick I-VI).
400 -1200 nm
Up to 60 J/cm2
Up to 25 ms
Solta Medical, a global leader in medical aesthetics, offers a comprehensive platform of energy devices and products to address aesthetic skin and body issues. The Solta Medical portfolio includes the well-known brands Thermage®, Fraxel®, Clear + Brilliant®, Liposonix®, Isolaz®, CLARO®, VASERlipo™, VASERshape™, VASERsmooth™, VentX®, PowerX®, TouchView®, and Origins™.
Clinical Pearls & Key Features:
- The Isolaz Acne Therapy System harnesses the proprietary mechanism of vacuum extraction with broadband light. Fusing both technologies provides deep-pore purification and clearance of existing acne while assisting in preventing future breakouts.
- Isolaz treatment procedure:
- Vacuum extraction cleanses pores by evacuating sebum and dislodging follicular ostia
- Heat shocks the sebaceous gland and injures bacteria
- Broadband light helps destroy P. acnes bacteria
- Easily integrated as a primary or complementary acne treatment, to fight the root causes of acne in a non-systemic way.
- Immediate results reduced redness, clearing of skin discoloration, and flattening of blemishes within 24-48 hours.1
- Significant decrease in breakouts including reduction in the number and severity of breakouts and associated amount of oil production.2
- 75% reduction in lesions within 2 months for non-responders to oral medications, topical medications and lasers.3
- Ancillary benefits include reductionin pore size, improvement in skin texture and tone.2
"Isolaz has been a real game-changer for teens with acne. Many of these kids simply want their acne to go away over-night, and become impatient and frustrated with traditional acne therapies. A series of 2 to 3 Isolaz treatments can do wonders for teen inflammatory and comedonal acne, with significant improvement in as little as 2 weeks. I have even treated both of my teenage children with Isolaz, and thankfully the treatments did wonders for their acne."
Michael Kaminer, MD
Chestnut Hill, MA
1. Multi-Center Data Presented to the FDA, July, 2006. Aesthera Corporation.
2. Clinical Observations, Ava Shamban, MD, Santa Monica, CA; Gilly Munavalli, MD, MHS, Charlotte, NC; Vic Narurkar, MD, San Francisco, CA; Kumiko Jitsukawa, Tokyo, Japan.
3. Shamban, Ava T. MD. Photopneumatic (PPx) Pore-Cleansing Acne Treatment™: A Breakthrough Treatment Option for Non-Responders to Acne Therapies. Draft. August 2006.